Re: [Condor-users] Running jobs as nobody on all machines

On Dec 8, 2005, at 11:31 AM, Erik Paulson wrote:

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 11:22:05AM -0600, Jaime Frey wrote:
On Dec 7, 2005, at 4:36 AM, Emir Imamagic wrote:
This is not an option because we want to utilize submit machine as
well.

There is also an option of using some other machine to submit job
on the
main submit machine, but we would really want to submit all tasks from
one machine.

Can this be achieved in configuration?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Why can't you set UID_DOMAIN to be the same on all of the machines?

  -- Jaime

Because in some cases the submit machine will be the same as the
execute machine.

That's a problem if you're setting UID_DOMAIN to the hostname to force jobs to always run as user nobody. I'm wondering whether they could just set the same UID_DOMAIN on all machines (possibly with SOFT_UID_DOMAIN) to always run the jobs as the submitting user.

I dont' have to make sure it works, but try putting in your config file

UID_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
SCHEDD.UID_DOMAIN = submitpoint.$(FULL_HOSTNAME)

After you restart (maybe only reconfig), your schedd and startd should
advertise different values for UID_DOMAIN, even though they are the same machine and they read from the same configuration file. If this works, it
will only work in later 6.7 releases.

Clever.

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |