Re: [Condor-users] Problems with jobs

On 12/8/05, Chris Miles <chrismiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Im using my real jobs just now. They are fairly quick.. especially on the
> cluster
> machines as they are very powerfull. Im planning on running a lot though...
> like
> upto 10 thousand and more.

If condor with GCB loses the claim after every job then you have a
real problem with using this for high throughput.

don't know if this will help

http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/Labs/dsl/completed_projects/condor-llic/llic_web_site.htm

> Ive been working on this project for the best part of 2 years now on and
> off..
> I cant give up on the condor side of it now :)

if a tool won't do what you want it to change the tool or use a different one...

> Im willing to jump through any hoops to get it working. Ive been through
> many
> since i started anyway haha.

think you need to take a look at what your overall plan is here

Matt