Re: [Condor-users] Problems with jobs

While I apreciate running one job on one node may take longer because of
overheads, I would think that when submitting 50 jobs simultaneously,
the overhead time will be at the same time also therefor giving me an over
all speed increase still because I would still not have had time to run those
50 jobs individually.

Might it be possible to have my condor job do more than 1 of my jobs?

At the moment I use the same executable and the same dataset on every job
that runs but the application does slightly different work with slightly different
results, and then prints the output to the console.

Might it make a difference for example..

I dont want to change my main console application code but I could write another
small front end program as the main executable which will then fire my job.

for example

1. submission file specifies executable = frontend, and transfers console_som and
dataset as required files.

2. submission file specifies the process id as an argument to the front end

3. on the condor node frontend runs 100 times piping the results from console_som into an output file

4. returns 100 output files back to me (from each machine)

better idea?

Chris
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Hope" <matthew.hope@xxxxxxxxx>