Re: [Condor-users] Using Condor (Windows) with Linux File Servers

ok first of all isolate each element of the process.

first things first. you have to enable file transfer to get the
wrapper bat file to the execute machine to 'open up' the share.

on windows 2003 by default low privledge users don't have access to
the net executable command, you will need to open this up.

once you have done that try you wrapper script but just use echo
"hello world" as your 'payload' and specify the err and out files as
being on your local submit machine.

if this seems to work then try executing the remote exe file but keep
logs local.

If that works then trymoving the logs to the share too.

worth noting by the way that you are 'wasting' a transfer in this way
since the err and out files are always written locally on the execute
machine first and will then get written via your submit machine to the
remote location thus taking an extra hop. better to have your job
write it's useful output directly to the network share and save the
out and err files for info logging and error logging respectively
removing the need to transfer them.

that final option may not be possible (though with a wrapper script it
is a simple redirect to another local file followed by a copy at the
end)

Matt
sorry for the spelling on this it's from my mobile so my crutch of a
spell checker isn't available putting my horrific spelling in stark
relief