[Condor-users] Default User priority factor

Hi folks,

We'd like to manage effective user priority based on how much a research group contributes to the resources in a condor pool.

As such, we need to be able to increase the effective priority on a per user basis, raising certain user's priorities about the rest.

To do this, ideally we would want to the default user priority factor to be something like 100, and lower this in proportion to the resources that a user (or user's group) brings to the table.

At this point, the default user factor is set to 1.0, and can't go any lower, which means we've bottomed out in being able to raise a certain user's priority over the default.

I s there a way to set the default user priority factor? We've set the NICE_USER_PRIO_FACTOR to 10, but this only affects users who choose to nice themselves in the submit scripts, and so doesn't allow for enforcement of such a policy.

thanx for your time,

rob