Re: [Condor-users] [newbie] force job on multiple machines

Hi Nick,

> This isn't a password crack, is it?

It is not a password crack, I submit the string myself and this prog
makes all the comparisons it can to match it. I just wanted to code a
simple long running job to run on condor, thats it.

> The above implies that your program is just a single thread of execution that
> does all processing.  If that's the case, condor can't do anything to help --
> it doesn't "split up" a job over multiple CPUs.
>
> If, on the other hand, you've built your program such that it process a subset
> of the string list, for example, then you can submit each subset as a
> different job, perhaps something like this:
>
> universe = vanilla
> executable = /home/myuser/bin/process
> arguments = a-c
> queue
> arguments = d-f
> queue
>
> Just a rough example -- I don't know enough about your problem domain to go
> any further.  You could also look into MPI, PVM or MW.

I am doing an under graduate project for the completion of my degree,
and its based on condor. And due to my very limited knowledge of the
above fields i would be very great full if you could point me to some
code samples.

Just a program that will engage many nodes at once, and for a long
time to study the behaviour of condor.

Regards,

Chaitanya V.H.