Re: [Condor-users] Condor and ODBC/JDBC...

Alain,

 Yes.

 Right now the users submit SQL via Vanilla Jobs ( Bash Scripts ) that call a CLI SQL interface like 'sqlplus' or 'isql'.

 I would like to extend that to include the SQL coming from a 3rd party app via ODBC/JDBC.

 There are so many 3rd party applications that generate complex SQL via a GUI, that it would be a great integration point.

 Just asking...

Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I would like to do have Condor also manage the execution of SQL
> that is submitted from an application that is connected to the databases
> via ODBC/JDBC. So, I can be running an application like SAS, Business
> Objects, or Microstrategy to name a few. Run a report, wait on execution,
> and then get the results back when the SQL is executed.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean something like this?

User application -> SQL query -> ODBC -> Condor job?

And the SQL query is executed is executed as a Condor job, and it returns
the result via ODBC?

-alain

Thanks,
Paul Wolmering