[Condor-users] Condor 6.6.9 on XP machines (with SP 2 installed)

Hi,
  I'm currently experimenting with Condor (6.6.9) on an XP machine. The
XP machine has been upgraded with Service Pack 2. So far our results
have been quite positive, and in line with  the findings of other users.
We installed Condor on our XP machine (it's an execute only Condor
node), and then rebooted. Following the reboot we found that...

We could "see" the machine in condor_status, however could not execute
jobs on the node. We restarted condor, and then jobs were accepted and
executed by the node. So potentially we could schedule a restart of
condor following a reboot of our XP machines, however has anyone in the
community found a method of working around this issue -- thus avoiding
the port reboot restart of Condor?

I have seen a potential solution on the mailing list. The user added the
following to the Condor registry key...

DependOnService REG_MULTI_SZ Netman SharedAccess

Unfortunately we didn't manage to get this work around to function
properly -- we couldn't even "see" the machine in condor_status. So does
anyone have any advice for us please?

Thank you -- David Baker.