Re: [Condor-users] run more than one jobs

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Chaitanya Hazarey wrote:

> I have got a pool of 3 Machines running Condor , 1 Master and 2
> Slaves. When I submit the jobs, the jobs execute only on one machine.
> Is it possible to execute more than one jobs on a single machine
> parallely ?

Condor normally runs one job per cpu. If you want condor to run more jobs
than there are cpus, set NUM_CPUS in your config file.

> The next problem is that If I submit the MPI Universe Jobs then, the
> jobs do not execute at all but just are kept idle. The only time they
> execute is when I put the machine requirements as 1 Machine, Is there
> any way to diagnose this problem ?

Have you configured your pool for MPI:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.6.8/3_10Setting_Up.html#SECTION0041010000000000000000

|            Jaime Frey            |  Public Split on Whether        |
|        jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx         |  Bush Is a Divider              |
|  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/  |         -- CNN Scrolling Banner |