Re: [Condor-users] Re: Newbie questions

Alain Roy wrote:

1) How do I get the machine to report itself as a single processor with access to all memory? I set NUM_CPUS=1 and that didn’t seem to work.

Did you do a condor_reconfig after you changed it?

Definitely check that you issued this command, but you can also set the VIRTUAL_MACHINE parameters as such:

MAX_VIRTUAL_MACHINE_TYPES = 1
VIRTUAL_MACHINE_TYPE_1 = cpus=2, ram=1/1, swap=1/1, disk=1/1
NUM_VIRTUAL_MACHINES_TYPE_1 = 1

With this config I made a machine appear as one node with both of its CPUs and all of its RAM. To make the node a single CPU machine, simply change 'cups=2' to 'cups=1'.

Chris.

may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.