Re: [Condor-users] Running multiple jobs on the same computer

Hi,

You can do this with the "Machine" ClassAd:

- Task A creates a file which contains the current machine it is running
on(i.e MachineName = "testServer").
- This file is transfered back to the submitting machine. A preScript (i.e
a perl script) of DAGman reads this file for the MachineName and writes it
in the requirements Job ClassAd of the tasks B1, B2,...
- see chapter 2.11 in the Condor manual and chapter 9 for information on
how to get the nachine name (condor_config_val).

Example:

Task A is running on Machine "testServer". Before it finishes it writes
"MachineName = testServer" to a file (name.txt).
A preScript reads name.txt to get the Value of MachineName and writes it to
the submit discription files of the Tasks B1, B2,... like:
' requirements = Machine == "testServer" '

regards,

Matthias