RE: [Condor-users] Running multiple jobs on the same computer

> I'm trying to setup Condor on our network and would like to
> create a specific job hierarchy using Dagman:
>
> - Task A creates some data files that will be processed by
> multiple other jobs.
> Data files are created locally to have as low network traffic
> as can be.
>
> - Tasks B1, B2 and B3 should run on the same computer (and
> same processor) after Task A is done to be able to
> access the pre-computed data.
>

> How can I dynamically constrain a job to run on a specific
> processor? Is there any way to pass
> messages between tasks - from Task A - to edit the submit
> file of Task Bs before submission to
> constrain them to a specific computer?

Your post script can edit the other files to specify such things.
So post-A can edit the submit files for the Bs, or the Pre-As if appropriate.

Sorry I can't give you an example, I haven't done much Dagging, but thats
the way I believe it is normally done.

JK