From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of ben foster
Sent: Mon 10/3/2005 9:34 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] Heterogeneous Meta scheduling

Hi,

We are in the process of designing a campus wide grid spanning different
departments. Where each department has their own
scheduler(condor,pbs,SGE) running.  We have also decided
on Globus to provide the grid infrastructure. We are bit fuzzy on the
meta scheduler or hierarchical scheduler which will accept a job
request
from Globus and hand over to one of the local schedulers. In brief
below is the architecture on table.

				Globus

			Meta Scheduler (which Meta scheduler can fit here)

        Condor			 SGE				 PBS

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Geri Foster

<<winmail.dat>>