Re: [Condor-users] nwsmeta-scheduler (I/O, Network communication, cpu utilization)

On 10/30/05, Miron Livny <miron@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello  Miron

How are you measuring the bandwidth of your networks
 I m think ling to use  NWS (Network whether system) for that.

and how do you the "communication cost" of an application. Also, do you have a policy in mind for how the scheduler will "take care" of CPU and network utilization.

adding network cost variable in job ads
or ranking the all server according to their network speed
and then sending specific job add(CONDOR_G) to respective schedulers.

For example, are you willing to let an application wait longer in order to
reduce network consumption?
 if the best server is busy then job will be send to next one in the list.

That's how we are thinking to work around.
and there are couple of other question regarding this also
is thee any way to fan out   values directly from NWS to condor.

Regards

Miron

Geri