Re: [Condor-users] Problem running a java application

On Apr 3, 2006, at 5:09 AM, Agustin C. Caminero Herraez wrote:

Hello,
First of all, sorry for having sent this email several times, but I was not sure whether it has arrived or not.
I have a problem running a java application. The problem is regarding
the parameters that my application requires, this is, the parameters
that in a local execution would be at the end of the "java" command, as in:

param2_string param3_string

Where can I put those parameters for Condor to get them?
I've tryed putting them in the "arguments" part of the submit
description file. Also, I tryed creating a script containing the java command like above,
and putting it in the "executable" part, with no success.

You put the parameters in the 'arguments' attribute of the submit file. But the first argument has to be the name of main class of your program.

Apart from that, is there a way of running in condor a jar file, this
is, what in a local execution would be

The Condor manual talks about how to use jar files:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/2_8Java_Applications.html

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |