[Condor-users] Accessing locally installed applications from Condor

Dear Condor users

I have programs in Java which interfaces with applications installed in a local
machines (example, Excel). I use Java Naive Interface to make COM calls from
my Java application. Currently I am using my own middleware to dispatch work
to idle resources and to collate the results.

I would like to know whether it is possible for Condor to do the same. I mean, can
it have access to locally installed applications or does it run in a sandbox? What
I would ideally like to do is to write a program which reads a parameter file, divides
it into well-defined work units and submits jobs to condor. Each submitted job would
contain one workunit any my Java application.

Once a resource is claimed by Condor, the Java application will run on the claimed
resource and it will interact with installed applications and send back the result.

Any will be appreciated.

Regards
Navonil