Re: [Condor-users] Interactive jobs

On Feb 24, 2006, at 3:53 PM, John Li wrote:

I'm new to Condor and I have 6.6.10 installed for some Linux and Solaris
machines.

I'm trying to start an interactive session by the xterm command.
My submit file looks like this,

universe       = vanilla
executable     = /usr/openwin/bin/xterm
arguments      = -display hostname.mindspeed.com:0

I presume there's a 'queue' line at the bottom of your submit file.

Here is what happens after I use the command condor_submit to submit
this job,

I see several xterm sessions show up on my workstation and they then
disappears on their own after a few seconds.

Are there additional entries that I may need in the submit file for this
type
of interactive job?   What log files should I be looking for to search
for clues?

Check to see if the machines are switching to Owner state. If your START expression includes KeyboardIdle, then your xterm jobs will cause the machine to think the owner has returned to the machine and all jobs should be kicked off.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |