Re: [Condor-users] Changing a working directory for a DAG within a DAG?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Masakatsu Ito wrote:

> Thank you for you reply and offer to diagnose things.
>
> Well, actually I think I've resolved the problem by modifying
> the inner DAG description files like :
>
> # param[n]/inner.dag
> # [n] = 1, 2, 3 ..
> #
> Job Pre[n] param[n]/preparation.submit
> Job Sim[n] param[n]/simulation.submit
>
> PARENT Pre CHILD Sim
>
> Previously I had used the same description for all
> param[n]/inner.dag , but I've added 'param[n]/' assuming that
> DAGMan does not change the working directory to param[n]/ .
>
> ( I use the previous release version of CONDOR, 6.6.11. )

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that the -UseDagDir feature is not
implemented in the 6.6 series.

You can do what you want in 6.6., but you'll have to set up the
paths in your submit files differently.  For example, the
param[n]/simulation.submit file could use 'initialdir = param[n]'.
Using -UseDagDir (with 6.7.x or 6.8.0) lets you avoid having to do
anything special in the individual submit files.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team