Re: [Condor-users] General file stage-in Condor-G

On Jul 6, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Gabriel Mateescu wrote:

I would like to do file stage-in in Condor-G,
such that the source file is not on the file
system local to Condor-G, but on a remote
GridFTP server.

Condor-G supports staging-in files from the
submit machine to a GT4 Grid Resource, e.g.,

  transfer_input_files = /path/to/file

is translated by Condor-G to

<fileStageIn>
<transfer>
 <sourceUrl>gsiftp://LOCAL_HOSTNAME:40000/path/to/file</sourceUrl>

<destinationUrl>file:///${GLOBUS_SCRATCH_DIR}/job_HASH/file/</ destinationUrl>r
</transfer>
</fileStageIn>

which works well since Condor-G starts a local
GridFTP server.

Assume now that the input file is on another machine
with a GridFTP service, call it FILESERVER.
Then I would like to have the semantics of

  transfer_input_files = gsiftp://FILESERVER/path/to/file

but Condor does not allow the value of transfer_input_file
to be the URL of a remote file.

This is something that should be relatively easy to add. There's been little demand for it in the past.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |