Re: [Condor-users] Condor, Windows, Globus, Java

On Jun 7, 2006, at 3:20 AM, Nano Surbakti wrote:

I read on this page: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/6_2Microsoft_Windows.html#SECTION00721000000000000000
saying that current Condor-6.7.19 for Windows not supporting Globus universe. Does it mean the "grid" universe?
I have some questions related to it:
- can Condor for Windows execute jobs with "grid" universe?
- can Condor for Windows submit jobs with "grid" universe?
- [perhaps same with above] can Condor for Windows be a part of a Grid?
- if I want to submit Java jobs to the grid, how to do that?

In the soon-to-be-released 6.7.20, some of the job-types of the grid universe will work on Windows. The 'condor' job type (aka Condor-C) will work. Grid job types 'unicore' and 'gt4' may work as well (we haven't tested these yet on Windows).

Most of the grid protocols have no special support for java. You'd have to specify the jvm as your executable. Condor-C is a notable exception.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |