Re: [Condor-users] A turtle in my pool does not start with the condor_master process

On Tue March 14 2006 8:48 am, rnayar@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Sirish,
>
> What does your startlog on your turtle machine say? This is the first place
> you want to look.

Actually, no (see below)

> >   I have installed condor 6.7.x on a linux node just like on the other
> > nodes in the same pool. But when i invoke the condor_master on this node,
> > it does not start the daemons.
> >
> >   [xxxx@dsl-turtle05 ~]$ cd condor
> > [xxxx@dsl-turtle05 condor]$ cd sbin
> > [xxxx@dsl-turtle05 sbin]$ ./condor_master
> > [xxxx@dsl-turtle05 sbin]$ condor_status
> >
> >   [xxxx@dsl-turtle05 sbin]$ ./condor_master
> > [xxxx@dsl-turtle05 sbin]$ condor_status
> >
> >   [xxxx@dsl-turtle05 sbin]$ ./condor_master
> > [xxxx@dsl-turtle05 sbin]$ ps -ef|grep condor_
> > xxxx    6396  6340  0 01:26 pts/1    00:00:00 grep condor_
> > [xxxx@dsl-turtle05 sbin]$

You can see from here that the master is not starting, so the first place to
look is in the MasterLog.  If there is no MasterLog created, try running the
master in the foreground to see what it's unhappy about:

condor_master -t -f

Hope this helps

-Nick

--
           <<< There is no spoon. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project