Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Sun Grid Engine

Diego Bello wrote:
On 11/20/06, Fabrice Charlier <charlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Diego Bello wrote:
On 11/20/06, Fabrice Charlier <charlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Repost of my previous message with the right subject. Sorry for the inconvenient]

Hello,

[I hope it's the right place to ask my question. If not, can you
redirect me, please?]

At work, we are currently running a cluster dedicated to do simulation
and analysis for the CMS/LHC
experiment. This cluster use condor as job manager. We have to access to
a another cluster but this one
use Sun Grid Engine.

My question is: what's the best solution to interconnect these clusters?

You can look for some meta-scheduler. They can be "on top" of
individual schedulers.

thanks for your answer!

So, if I understand clearly the purpose of a meta-scheduler, the result
architecture will be:

          ----------------------- Meta-Scheduler------------------------

Condor Central
   SGE Central
   Manager
         Manager

What do you propose as meta-scheduler that can communicate with Condor
and SGE ?

Take a look in http://www.gridway.org/. It works with globus, but try
to find out if you can make it work just with the schedulers.

regards.

Thanks again for these answers!

"why do not you setup a Web Service front-end to Condor
and SGE and then submit/control jobs to different clusters using java/C client or portal? "

If possible, I don't want to develop some code if a solution already exists for my problem. The main reason is that I haven't experience in web service development and so it'll
take me a lot of time to write/debug this code ..
But, indeed, it's a very good idea!

"Take a look in http://www.gridway.org/. It works with globus, but try
to find out if you can make it work just with the schedulers."

I think GridWay is the solution at my problem. I'll do some tests this week!