Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Sun Grid Engine

You may also want to try gridsphere (http://www.gridsphere.org).  You need to enable "Grid portlet" plugin after installing.

Regards,
Sateesh

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 09:44 +0100, Fabrice Charlier wrote:
Diego Bello wrote:
> On 11/20/06, Fabrice Charlier <charlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Diego Bello wrote:

>>> You can look for some meta-scheduler. They can be "on top" of
>>> individual schedulers.
>>>

>> thanks for your answer!
>>
>> So, if I understand clearly the purpose of a meta-scheduler, the result
>> architecture will be:
>>
>>           ----------------------- Meta-Scheduler------------------------
>> Condor Central
>>    SGE Central
>>    Manager
>>          Manager
>>
>> What do you propose as meta-scheduler that can communicate with Condor
>> and SGE ?
>>

> Take a look in http://www.gridway.org/. It works with globus, but try
> to find out if you can make it work just with the schedulers.
>
> regards.

Thanks again for these answers!

"why do not you setup a Web Service front-end to Condor
and SGE and then submit/control jobs to different clusters using java/C
client or portal? "

If possible, I don't want to develop some code if a solution already
exists for my problem.
The main reason is that I haven't experience in web service development
and so  it'll
take me a lot of time to write/debug this code ..
But, indeed, it's a very good idea!

"Take a look in http://www.gridway.org/. It works with globus, but try
to find out if you can make it work just with the schedulers."

I think GridWay is the solution at my problem. I'll do some tests this week!