[Condor-users] Condor on Windows XP

Hello Thomas and Tobias,

I don’t think that the application is not properly compiled for Windows. It works under command line exactly as expected. I tried with a very simple program which just prints “Hello, Condor!”. I compiled it with both Pascal(Turbo Pascal 7.0) and Borland C. Both executable-s work fine in DOS emulation and both produce the same error when submitted to Condor:

>> 8/24 14:16:17 About to exec

>> C:\condor\execute\dir_3684\condor_exec.exe

>> 8/24 14:16:17 ERROR: C:\condor\execute\dir_3684\condor_exec.exe is not a valid Windows executable

Furthermore I tried to uninstall condor, delete directory ‘condor’, restart the machine and reinstall condor a couple of times. I tried even with the older versions of Condor for Windows available in the site (Condor 8.4, Condor 8.3). I had the same result.

Are you sure that Condor under Windows can perform executablesl?(As I said in the previous letters bat-jobs work fine). I have no more ideas except trying to prepare a virtual Unix machine to test Condor pool running with compiled jobs for Unix.

Best regards,

Ivailo Penev