[Condor-users] How can I force clients to compute in a dedicated cluster?

Hi All,

I have a small cluster of nodes that I am using to do some comparative testing between different distributed computing systems. Condor is one of these that I am starting to do some testing with.

What I'd like to do, to make things as fair as possible, is to force all of the systems to compute pretty much as quickly as they can. WIth condor, I have noticed that jobs seem to sit idle for some time before being computed. I am guessing this is because I've been constantly interrogating clients to see what's going on and this has tripped its suspension policies. When I go for lunch and come back the work is done :-)

What is the best way to make a condor client grab whatever is available and run at it at full steam?

Thanks,
Brad

---

Brad Goldsmith

School of Computing

University of Tasmania, Tasmania, Australia

Office: Launceston Campus, Computing Building, V-177

Telephone: (03) 6324 3389 International: +61-3-6324 3389

Facsimile: (03) 6324 3368 International: +61-3-6324 3368