Re: [Condor-users] Trouble communicating through GCB servers

On Jan 22, 2007, at 4:15 AM, m_kempenaar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I was wondering if there is anyone here who succesfully used GCB to
communicate between two private networks.

The most importand question I've got is how GCB forwards traffic to the
destination:

Condor-client --> GCB [firewalled] ---(INTERNET)---> [firewalled] GCB
--> Condor-manager [destination]

and why does the IP adress of the Condor-client shows up in the GCB log
file of the GCB server on the condor-manager side..

I hope there is someone who can help me in the right direction.

If the client's firewall allows outgoing connections to the Internet, then the client will connect directly to the manager's GCB broker, which will connect to the manager and relay data between the two connections.

Because the client is connecting directly to the manager's GCB broker, the manager's GCB broker will see the client's real IP address.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |