Re: [Condor-users] Trouble communicating through GCB servers

On Jan 22, 2007, at 4:31 AM, Cor Cornelisse wrote:

Last time I checked this was all very well documented in the GCB section on the Condor website. I've been trying to set up GCB, but it won't run on realtek network cards. And since the budget didn't allow to replace them
all with Intel / 3COM, I've abondonned GCB....

I haven't heared anything from condor about this failure either, though I did submit it into the mail list. This was x86 64 version 6.9.0 of condor.
Running on Intel P4 6xx under Gentoo Linux.

I'm surprised to hear that GCB won't work with certain types of network cards. Were you told this by a GCB developer?

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |