Re: [Condor-users] Machines match but reject for unknown reasons

On 07/06/2007 15:29, "Greg Thain" <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Denis Bueno wrote:
>> All,
>> I can't seem to convince condor to run any parallel job.  I have a pool of
>
> Here is the key line in the SchedLog:
>
> 7/6 14:04:34 (fd:9) (pid:2710) Found 0 potential dedicated resources
>
> This means that the dedicated (parallel) scheduler didn't find any
> machines to run on.  It finds machines by issuing the following query to
> the collector:
>
> Requirements = ((DedicatedScheduler ==
> "DedicatedScheduler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"))
>
> Do your startds set the config variable
>
> DedicatedScheduler
>
> as described in the manual?

I did as you described.  I appended
etc/examples/condor_config.local.dedicated.resource to my
condor_config.local and commented in one of the configurations -- and my
jobs run!

Thank you.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the slaves to phone home to the
master upon spawning a parallel job....

-Denis