Re: [Condor-users] Using Condor WebServices

Basically my problem is, i am trying to create a "little intelligent" group of nodes which when receives a job must change this classAd, the point is these jobs live under java universe. So i am left with the only possibility of using WS interface to attain such a condition.

The collector is a "soft cache", meaning it's state is updated
periodically and if it isn't updated it goes away. Therefore, a
startd will periodically send a new ad to the collector and that ad
will overwrite any old ads for the startd. If you directly modify the
startd's ad with InsertAd your modification will only persist until
the next time the startd updates its ad.
Ok I buy that. So whats the use of this insertAd, if it is going last only for UPDATE_INTERVAL

Thanks,
Srinivasan.
GEMPLISS SRL
Tel. 0039 0362 308854