From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd Tannenbaum

Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 3:17 PM

To: Condor-Users Mail List

Subject: Re: [Condor-users] winn51 vs winn52

Richardson, Joshua wrote:

> I have just added another computer to my cluster. It has 8 processors,

> but I only want to allow 4 to be used and dedicated to Condor. Is

> there a way I can do this?

Put in the condor_config.local for that machine

   NUM_CPUS = 4

and then restart (or reconfig?) Condor on that machine.

> As well, the computer I added is a winn52. The rest are winn51. What

> is the difference and how do I submit jobs to both at the same time.

> Right now, when I submit jobs they go to all the other computers but

> not the winn52. Thanks for any input that I receive in advance.

If you don't think you will ever care about the difference, you could just over-ride the opsys setting by placing in that machine's condor_config.local

    OPSYS = WINNT51

and then reconfig or restart.

Alternatively, when you submit you could put in the job submit file something like:

    Requirements = opsys=="winnt51" || opsys=="winnt52"

hope this helps,

Todd