Re: [Condor-users] Setting Condor Job Owner in Windows

Thanks Todd,

Your last suggestion finally worked!
I used -n winxp-dev-01 option on the condor submit command and the job ran
(as SYSTEM).

Note that I did not use the setting +Owner = "diane"
because when I did use 'diane' it seemed to get hung checking things (with
run time increasing) and SchedLog contained:

10/4 12:10:22 (pid:2152) perm::init: Lookup Account Name diane failed
(err=1332), using Everyone
10/4 12:10:22 (pid:2152) perm::init: Lookup Account Name diane failed
(err=1332), using Everyone

I'll look at that some more but for now at least condor is working running
as SYSTEM.

Also, I tried to set the creds for SYSTEM with a dummy pw as you suggest
below (from a SYSTEM cmd window), but the condor_store_cred command failed
because it couldn't find the host,
even though HOSTALLOW_WRITE=*.  I believe it's looking for SYSTEM@NT
AUTHORITY not WINXP-DEV-01.  Here is the exchange:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>\condor\bin\condor_store_cred add
Account: SYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY

Enter password:

Operation failed.
    Make sure your HOSTALLOW_WRITE setting includes this host.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I'll look at the above some more too, but setting that may not be necessary.

Thanks so much again,
Diane