Re: [Condor-users] Trouble starting condor daemons - CONDOR_IDSerror

1) Check that user 1250.551 has permission to all files used by condor. logs, config and for linux/os x
a temp lock dir in /tmp..if not..correct the file permissions.

2) Check that the problematic machine is in the HOSTALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR, HOSTALLOW_READ,HOSTALLOW_WRITE
parameters.

--JW

On Oct 20, 2007, at 5:51 AM, Bruce Craig wrote:

> /opt/condor/bin/condor_config_val -verbose CONDOR_IDS
Running this on a machine that works and one that doesn't both give the same output:
CONDOR_IDS: 1250.551
  Defined in '/opt/condor/etc/condor_config', line 134.

This justs confuses me more as both machines know what uid and gid to use, and both can see the user, but only one can actually start the daemons!

I have 3 machines which suffer from this error and 4 that start up no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.