[Condor-users] parallel universe & initialdir parameter

Hi folks,

I've seen how the parallel universe jobs don't use the PWD when condor is submitted, and that it doesn't honor the "initialdir" parameter of the submit file.

Is there a fix in the works for this (I'm using 6.8.5), or is this considered a desirable feature?

I note that for an mpirun wrapper script, I can cd to any directory I want just before the job is executed, and have worked around this by looking for an environment variable "INITIAL_DIR". I could go a step further if I could access within the mpirun wrapper script, the initialdir = parameter, and essentially "patch" the behavior to be consistent with other universes.

So the question is, how might I access the "initialdir = " parameter from within this wrapper script.

thanks in advance,
rob