Re: [Condor-users] RE : birdbath dag submission

condor_dagman is just a program that reads your DAG and runs the jobs specified in it. It runs them by submitting them to Condor, and it uses condor_submit to do that. That means you need to give condor_dagman access to the submit files so it can hand them off to condor_submit.

You'll want to send execjob2 too, and you should try it all without using "path/to/" -- put everything into a single directory, Condor likes that. Also, make sure your dag runs if you submit it with condor_submit_dag...

matt

Mariette, Jerome wrote:
well my dagfile looks like that:

  JOB JOB1 /path/to/job.job1.condor
  JOB JOB2 /path/to/job.job2.condor

  VARS JOB1 executable="/path/to/exejob1"
  VARS JOB1 input="path/to/inputjob1"
  VARS JOB1 output="path/to/outputjob1"
  VARS JOB2 executable="/path/to/exejob2"
  VARS JOB2 input="path/to/outputjob1"

  PARENT JOB1 Child JOB2

so in order to send files, I added the following lines:

  Schedd schedd = new Schedd (new URL("http://localhost:8181";));
  Transaction xact = schedd.createTransaction();
  xact.begin(30);
  int cluster = xact.createCluster();
  int job = xact.createJob(cluster);
File?? files = { new File("/path/to/DAGfile"),
                  new File("/path/to/job.job1.condor"),
                  new File("/path/to/job.job2.condor"),
                  new File("/path/to/inputjob1")};

   xact.submit(cluster, job, "jerome", UniverseType.SCHEDULER,
"/opt/condor-6.8.5/bin/condor_dagman", /* Path to the dagman binarie */
               "-f -l . -Debug 3 " +
"-Lockfile myLockFile -Dag myDag -Rescue myRescuDag -Condorlog myLog",
               null, null, files);

  xact.commit();

I still have the same error:
  failed while reading from pipe
... ERROR: failed to initialize condor job log

Moreover, I was wondering why I do have to send a job and sometime more than one to make condor begin to process my jobs ?
thx for your help,

Jerome

This looks pretty good. Are there any files you might need to submit along with the dag? You probably need to send along any condor_submit file that is used for a node in the dag. That way condor_dagman knows what to submit for each step in the dag.

matt

Mariette, Jerome wrote:

Hi everbody,
I'm pretty new in Condor world and have some troubles submitting dag.
Here is my probleme.
I'm using birdbath wraper to do it and I'm submitting the dag file like that:

  Schedd schedd = new Schedd (new URL("http://localhost:8181";));
  Transaction xact = schedd.createTransaction();
  xact.begin(30);
  int cluster = xact.createCluster();
  int job = xact.createJob(cluster);
  xact.submit(cluster, job, "jerome", UniverseType.SCHEDULER,
"/opt/condor-6.8.5/bin/condor_dagman", /* Path to the dagman binarie */
              "-f -l . -Debug 3 " +
"-Lockfile myLockFile -Dag myDag -Rescue myRescuDag -Condorlog myLog",
              null, null, null);
  xact.commit();

what am I doing wrong ? (the Dag File is ok because tryed by command it's working)
thx

Jerome

The archives can be found at: https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/

The archives can be found at: https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/