Re: [Condor-users] birdbath dag submission

Kent had an interesting idea for submitting dag, why not submit condor_submit_dag instead of condor_dagman? It'd work if you can deal with parsing the output of condor_submit_dag to figure out the job id of your condor_dagman job.

Mariette, Jerome wrote:
* Hi I kind of give up for now on DAGs but keep working on submitting
jobs throught java code so still need your help :) I can't succed to
make Condor write my out, err files !! and don't know why: this is my
code

ClassAdStructAttr[] extraAttributes = { new ClassAdStructAttr("Out",
ClassAdAttrType.value3,"/home/jerome/temp.out"), new
ClassAdStructAttr("Err",
ClassAdAttrType.value3,"/home/jerome/temp.err"), };

Is there a particular reason you are specifying a full path to these? Do you know if the full path exists on the execute machine or if Condor has permissions to write to it?

xact.submit(cluster, job, "jerome", UniverseType.VANILLA,
"/home/jerome/aved/scripts/runAVEDworkflow-condor", "-i " + video + "
-d " + AvedService.SCRATCH_DIR, null, extraAttributes, null); xact.commit();

moreover, the script I lunch throught that (because the job runs
perfectly) is not executing until the end !! is that normal ?? when I
lunch my script by hand this one execute perfectly. I was wondering
if when opening connection throught Condor web service there was some
time deadline, like for this line:

I'm not sure I understand the question. Executing until the end of what?

xact.begin(30);

not sure what it does mean?

Submission happens on an all or nothing basis. xact.begin(30) means you are starting a transaction that will stay open as long as you don't wait more than 30 seconds between operations within the transaction.

Best,

matt

thx for your help, Jerome

-----Original Message----- From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on
behalf of R. Kent Wenger Sent: Thu 9/27/2007 9:11 AM To: Condor-Users
Mail List Subject: Re: [Condor-users] birdbath dag submission