Re: [Condor-users] KeyBoard Idle Time infinite

Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> Anybody else have solutions?

Greetings,

I've found a way that only requires Condor configuration, at least on our
Ubuntu-based Linux desktops.  By doing a quick brute-force search of all of the
/dev nodes on a test X desktop, I discovered that the atime of the /dev/ttyN
node that is running the X session is updated when keypress / keyrelease events
occur.

So all I've needed to do is add the first 10 or so of the /dev/ttyN device nodes
to the CONDOR_DEVICES configuration pragma -- which, here, currently looks like
this:

	CONSOLE_DEVICES = mouse, console, psaux, input/mice, tty0, tty1, tty2,
		tty3, tty4, tty5, tty6, tty7, tty8, tty9

This has proven very effective in practice; we've been running Condor on Ubuntu
in this way without special kernel patches for a good few months now.

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <dwm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London