[Condor-users] checkpoint servers and architecture

Hi Folks,

We setup a checkpoint server recently, but on trying to checkpoint jobs to it, found that we were getting errors about packet length being unexpected.

On retrospect, it may be that we were using a x86_64 checkpoint server, and trying to checkpoint from a i686 condor host.

This begs the question: does the architecture matter, even if both intel-based, for the checkpoint servers?

thanks,
rob