From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Malcolm Wilkins
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 9:27 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] run_as_owner not working in 6.9.5: LOCAL_CREDDbug?

Thanks Coop for your quick reply.

However, the problem remains in 6.9.5, even having taken the steps that you describe (I just reverified this to make sure).

I have managed to get vanilla RUN_AS_OWNER jobs working with 6.9.5, by using CREDD_HOST=$(CONDOR_HOST) (i.e. without the port setting) on both master and execute node. But the real prize for me is to be able to run vm-universe jobs with RUN_AS_OWNER, and I still cannot make this work with a shared filesystem. Looking at the vm_gahp log below seems to indicate that even with:

run_as_owner = true specified in the job file,

VM_UNIV_NOBODY_USER specified to a user with a home directory in the config file,

ALLOW_USERS specified to the same user in the config_vmgapp.vmware file

the vm process seems to be launched with system credentials SYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY that are insufficient to access the shared virtual machine files. I have confirmed that these files *are* visible to a vanilla job run on the same execute node with RUN_AS_OWNER = true.

Maybe these are the perils of running a pre-release development version...

Malcolm