From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Malcolm Wilkins
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 4:47 AM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] run_as_owner not working in 6.9.5: LOCAL_CREDD bug?

I am trying to set up a small Condor pool with one submit only/master node (Vista) and one submit/execute node (XP). I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get the RUN_AS_OWNER feature working, so that jobs submitted will be run under the credentials of the submitter. The jobs remain in the idle queue and do not run: using condor_q –analyze indicates the problem may be that the job requires that the execute node must advertise “LOCAL_CREDD = <hostname of CREDD host>:9620”.

Specifying CREDD_HOST=$(CONDOR_HOST):$(CREDD_PORT) in the condor_config on the execute node (the default) *does not* work as expected: instead of displaying  “LOCAL_CREDD = <hostname of CREDD host>:9620” in response to condor_status -long,  no information is displayed at all. (However, specifying CREDD_HOST=$(CONDOR_HOST) does causes “LOCAL_CREDD = <hostname of CREDD host>” to be displayed).

I then tried reverting to 6.8.8 and this version *does* display the full information i.e. “LOCAL_CREDD = <hostname of CREDD host>:9620” for the execute node.

Has anyone else come across such a problem, and is there a workaround?