Re: [Condor-users] run_as_owner not working in 6.9.5: LOCAL_CREDD bug?

Greg Quinn wrote:

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 10:56 -0500, Scillieri, John wrote:
I'm seeing this too. We were running a complete 6.9.1 pool and added
20+ machines at 6.9.5 (including the master node). All the 6.9.1
machines that haven't been upgraded connect to the upgraded 6.9.5
master node and accept jobs.  The 6.9.5 machines show up in the pool
but don't display LocalCred when running condor_status -long, even
though they're running with exactly the same config file.

This likely means that the 6.9.5 execute machines are unable to
authenticate to the CredD using PASSWORD authentication.

Unfortunately, password authentication is broken in 6.9.5. This is documented in the list of known bugs:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.9/8_3Development_Release.html

Condor 7.0.0 has the fix for this problem. It should be released near the end of this week.

--Dan