[Condor-users] Problems submitting jobs from windows to Linux and vice versa

To All –

We are new to Condor and have installed the client on three (3) Windows XP machines and one (1) Linux machine.  When we run CONDOR_STATUS from either platform, we see all the computers in our condor pool listed.  We have created sample jobs to run on each platform as well.  The jobs submitted from a windows client only run on the windows machines that have condor.  The same is true on Linux. The job submitted from a Linux client only run on the Linux machines that have condor.

It is our understanding that you can submit a job to the pool, regardless of the OS platform.  Any assistance is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Alex Alas

Systems Administrator
Fugro EarthData Inc.

Tel. 301-948-8550 x219 Fax 301-963-2064 E-mail: aalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

7320 Executive Way, Frederick, MD  21704

Website: http://www.earthdata.com