Re: [Condor-users] Executable path and environment

>> If the PATH is set as part of the submitting user's
>> login sets (via something like .bash_profile) you
>> could push their environment to the remote machine
>> and again call the executable assuming it's in the path:
>>
>>	getenv = true
>>	executable = generic-launcher
>>	arguments = appname arg1 arg2 arg3 ...
>>	transfer_executable = false
>>
>> Does that help?
>
> Actually, that doesn't work in my experience.
> Even if you use "getenv = true" Condor doesn't seem
> to use the submitting user's $PATH when searching for
> executables.

Interesting. I just tried it here with 7.0.1 and yea, PATH is *not*
exported from my environment. I see the PATH that's defined in the
starter job environment config setting.

Condor team: is this a bug???

> The workaround is either to provide the full path, or
> wrap the executable in a shell script (which *will* use $PATH).

This did work for me:

	executable = set
	arguments =
	transfer_executable = false
	environment = "PATH='$ENV{PATH}'"

That did export my current path to the remote machine. Note I needed ''
around it to make it work.

I'd like to hear from the Condor team on why 'getenv=true' isn't working
because the environment route could get nasty if I needed to export more
than a few trivial settings.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.