Re: [Condor-users] Condor-G multiple site matchmaking!

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Jan Ploski <Jan.Ploski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 11/06/2008 08:24:54 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use multiple grid sites to execute a single DAG. I
> think there is still no automatic system for publishing/updating
> ClassAds describing grid sites. Am I right?

Yes.

> A.submit
> executable=A.sh
> universe=globus
> globusscheduler=$$(gatekeeper_url)
> log=A.log
> notification=never
> transfer_output_files=A.out
> error=A.err
> WhenToTransferOutput=ALWAYS
>
> queue 10

Which version of Condor is that? I suppose that you should be using
universe = grid and grid_resource = gt2 $$(gatekeeper_url) with the
current stable version. Perhaps that's your problem?

On my pdcbl cluster, I am using condor 6.8.5 and on pdcbl2, condor version 7.0.4
I tries using grid_resource=gt2 $$(gatekkeper_url) and universe=grid. But I got the same error!!

I use COLLECTOR_NAME as the "Name" parameter in each grid site classad. Although its been said that it should be just a unique string, In pdcbl, changing the name to collector_name resolved the problem. However, in pdcbl2, it didn't work!

How can I remove the already sent classad to condor?
To me, some times it is as if condor doesnt receive the updated classads and still use the previous information!!

Thanks,

Maryam

This article of mine may be helpful (though it describes a setup for GT4
submission, not GT2):

https://bi.offis.de/wisent/tiki-index.php?page=Condor-GT4-Metascheduling

Regards,
Jan Ploski