[Condor-users] quill & postgresql config

Hello,

we use condor_quill (condor v7.0.5) together with postgresql v8.3
to reduce the load for the schedd.

I have the impression that the database access is somehow slow.
If I make locally a query like
select * from runs;
it takes 10s to get the table entries, also there are only 590000 lines
in this table. It might get worse if we have more quilld accessing this
database.

We suspect that postgresql can be tuned using the right settings in the
postgresql.conf.

In particular, what are the proper values for:

shared_buffers
sort_mem
vacuum_mem
max_fsm_pages
etc.
?

Do you have a reliable config?

We have appr. 5300 cores and ~60 users. It may happen that 65000 jobs
are submitted.

Thank you,
Henning Fehrmann