Re: [Condor-users] Having Condor start in the unclaimed state

Dave Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run condor in a Windows computer lab that by politcal policy is
> rebooted every night to install Windows updates.  My question is about
> Condor Owner mode.  Is there any way to get Condor to start in the
> unclaimed state while still keeping the same semantics as the default
> UWCS_* policy otherwise?  Or.....  Is there a way to change the node's
> state and force the unclaimed state once?  This way, I could start
> Condor and then force the state if the reboot was due to the nightly
> scheduled task.
>
> Thanks
> -Dave

You could use ClockMin and make the UWCS policy not apply around the
time of your nightly reboot. Something like: ifThenElse(ClockMin < (11 *
60) || ClockMin > (2 * 60), UWCS_START, TRUE)

The above, or something like it, should make the UWCS_START policy apply
between 2AM and 11PM, and between 11PM and 2AM the machine will just
accept jobs. You'd probably want to change TRUE to something that takes
into account CPU load, just not KeyboardIdle.

Best,

matt