Re: [Condor-users] Having Condor start in the unclaimed state

> I think he's observing the same behavior I see under Linux, which is
> machines immediately going into the Owner state after Condor
> loads.  I
> suspect this is because the CPU load is high during the boot
> process.

Ahhh...I see. I completely mis-read his question then!

> I also see this when coming out of hibernation -- Condor
> briefly sees
> a load average of 1.0, which causes it to put both slots into Owner
> status.  The upshot is a newly booted machine won't accept any jobs
> for about five minutes, the amount of time it takes for the
> machine to
> settle back into the Unclaimed state.
>
> I'm not sure how to work around this without completely
> disabling CPU
> load monitoring.

The only other option that flits to mind is a Startd cron job that runs
on always on startup and altera START for you. So you have:

START = False

In your config files, and the Startd cron job does extra-Condor
processing to figure out if START should be made something else (True or
something more complicated).

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.