[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Condor for a renderfarm
- Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:24:38 +0200
- From: Horvátth Szabolcs <szabolcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor for a renderfarm
Yes. But keep in mind that you'll have to create both start scripts and
a GUI to start and mange your renders, and that might be more work than
If you have off the shelf, free options than setting up condor for
rendering just a few shots might be overkill.
Does this seem like a good use for condor?
Thats not a problem if you have fast network / server. And large amount
of texture maps can be synchronized to the render machines to ease
the network bandwidth, its likely that reading textures will the be the
majority of the IO.
- Is the data that needs to be read for each frame likely to be a
problem (assuming that normal file copy isn't prohibitively slow).
Yes, used it for the last four years. Its cool but you have to do lots
of scripting to get the functionality of a special purpose render manager.
- Has anyone here used condor for a renderfarm before? is there any advice you can give?