[Condor-users] Literature / articles / research papers on computer idle times in various environments?

Hello,

I would appreciate if someone can point out to me research, articles and/or books,
which deal with the topic of computer idle times at various situations (office-, classroom-,
library-computers, etc.).

Also, I do not understand the data provided on the Condor webpages:
   http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/goodput/idle.html
What exactly is "Machines" on the x-axis, and "Keyboard Idle Time from
Idle Periods" on the y-axis?
In the first graph, for example: 100 Machines have 55 %, and 500 Machines have 90 %.
What does that mean?

Thank you!

Rob.