Re: [Condor-users] How good are user priorities obeyed?

I believe CLAIM_WORKLIFE configuration will control that.    It limits how long a claim can be kept active.   If the claim worklife expires them condor goes through another negotiation cycle to decide who gets the claim.    I generally set it to around 15-30 minutes and it seems to work well.   So for 15-30 minutes there can be as many jobs run by a particular user as they want with their claims but after that time when their job finishes a negiotiation for that slot will come up and based on their priority they might win it back or they might loose it.

We didnt have malicious problems with that but we had multiple groups of researchers using a dedicated cluster that were constantly submitting jobs during deadlines and whichever one got there first ended up having their jobs run while others jobs starved and the CLAIM_WORKLIFE setting really fixed that problem well.   The default if it isnt defined is infinate.

David