Re: [Condor-users] How good are user priorities obeyed?

Hi all,

Carsten Aulbert schrieb:

> I just checked and we have not set this (or to put it better: it's set
> to a not set variable/macro).
>
> I'll play with that and see how we will fare.

I tried CLAIM_WORKLIFE=1800 but that did not do the trick nicely. Again
assuming we had 1000 slots, I pushed 2000 jobs into the queue running
sleep 2400 and after half of them were running I pushed 2000 sleep 600
into the queue by a user with a much better effective prio.
Interestingly, it seems that 2400 is not large enough to be considered
(or the background noise while testing was too large in our pool), but
user A's jobs were still being preferred.

Next step was to set it CLAIM_WORKLIFE=0 which supposedly will be more
stress on the negotiator (at least that what I assume), but at least now
I don't see this phenomenon any more, i.e. user B will get slots as soon
as slots become available again.

So I guess for now the issue is resolved (at least for us).

Cheers and thanks a again David,

Carsten